What Makes Our School Unique
Children enter our school with low self esteem caused by bullying, unsuccessful and unmet academic and social challenges, and past experiences of being treated more like a problem than a person. However, once they walk through our doors, something truly inspirational begins to happen – and it all comes down to just five little words, “We believe in their potential!”
Principal Janis Riceberg and our highly qualified staff bring to life a unique curriculum that prepares our students for success in the home, community, college and future work settings.
Daily instruction includes:
· Social and Life Skills Classes (develops relationship-building and independent living skills);
· Transition into Employment Programs (Employment-Readiness classes to prepare for a more successful transition into future, paid working positions and adulthood.) A portion of the program includes volunteering at various community work settings - In Collaboration with Grant-a-Gift Autism Foundation;
· Evidence-Based School-Wide Positive Behavior Supports Model (develops and reinforces appropriate behavioral strategies beneficial to school and home environments. In collaboration with the Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders, University of Nevada Las Vegas);
· Project & Centers-Based Curriculum (promotes total student engagement and academic retention);
· Karate for our Kids (teaches skills such as leadership, self control, and increased muscle tone, balance & technique. In collaboration with ATA Karate for Kids); and
· Summer Social Skills Camps (enhances interpersonal communication skills, problem solving abilities, and a variety of crucial social skills in a fun, camp setting. This camp is also available to children in the community.)
We are licensed through the Nevada Department of Education.
What Parents are Saying….
“The Achievement Academy has been a lifesaver for us. It is a wonderful feeling to be able to drop my son off in the morning and know he is in the hands of people who truly care and have his best interest at heart. He has progressed leaps and bounds both academically and socially, and this is only his first year in attendance!”
"As a parent, it is such a wonderful feeling to be able to provide your child access to an environment developed to bring out his or her best. I respect and trust the process at the Achievement Academy because I see the progress in my child. The Achievement Academy was the vision of a mother who loves her child, and I am truly grateful that her vision is benefiting other children as well."
Our students have a world of potential in many areas that has yet to be developed. They simply need extra help and support to convert their potentials into abilities.
The Achievement Academy is an accredited private school designed specifically for students
with Asperger’s Syndrome, High Functioning Autism, and Attention Deficit Disorder.
The Achievement Academy is located on the site of
DJ’s Community Christian Academy
a premier private school in Green Valley
95 S. Arroyo Grande Blvd. Henderson, NV 89012
Telephone: (702) 260-1814 * Fax: (702) 436-7996